Migrant women experience multiple discrimination (sexism, racism and also, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, classism, and other kinds of discrimination and multiple kinds of violence: gender violence, racist violence, as well as other kinds of violence, including trafficking.
Migrants have no access to state benefits (including the social insurance) or health services.
In case you face a discriminating or racist treatment, or you are a victim of trafficking or violence, or just need to read information about your visa and migrant status, check the following links here:
- Information about human trafficking and labor exploitation, please choose your language:
- The Civil Registry and Migration Department (CRMD) in Cyprus is the result of the consolidation of the Migration, Registration and Election services aiming to decentralize the authorities, simplify the procedures and provide prompt and timely service to citizens in matters of Civil Registry. In the link below you can find all the documents available to download from the CRMD website.
- The Department of Labour, a part of the Ministry of Labour, Welfare and Social Insurance of the Republic of Cyprus, is responsible for issues of employment, including equality between men and women.
- To know more or report a human trafficking case, visit the web site of the Cyprus police: http://www.police.gov.cy/police/police.nsf/All/B62C14B4889EC3A3C22578A900271B28?OpenDocument
- RADIAlert: give a voice to the voiceless by establishing a comprehensive and effective mechanism that facilitates the reporting and recording of racist, discriminatory and hate speech incidents, while also supporting victims in pursuing their rights by referring them to independent authorities and other relevant agencies, as well as by improving their access to compensation. Report a racist crime online: www.radialert.org
- – Kisa is a NGO, established in 1998, and its vision is the promotion of an all-inclusive, multicultural society, free of racism, xenophobia and discrimination and where, through the interaction and mutual respect of diverse cultures, there will be equality and respect for the rights of all individuals.